/revert buggyness

/revert buggyness

by nao_sky » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:05 am

I'm sure this isn't news to anyone, however I haven't seen a topic on the forums. Apologies if one already exists :P

Basically /revert is very finicky when it comes to allowing you to revert. It seems to randomly give you the message 'You can't just vote right before you need to revert!!' even though whoever is trying to /revert may have voted several hours ago...

I can sort of understand the concept behind the message; encouraging people to vote for the sake of voting not JUST when you need to revert, but it makes no sense for a player to receive this message when trying to revert despite having voted several hours ago. (It also is probably frustrating for new players). From what I've heard around the server, it evidently is a bug. I personally vote to support the server and I try to do it everyday. If /revert was not a vote command I would gladly still vote. But it seems as though it is bugged... As it doesn't allow players who have voted several hours (I think the longest I've seen is close to 8 hours) to revert. It would be nice to have a fix. :)

Thank you for taking time out of your day to read this!

(´・ω・ `)

nao_sky
Resident

Re: /revert buggyness

by SDOR3 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 am

I don't think that this is a 'bug' per say however it very well may be. If you actually are encountering an instance where you've voted (as you state, 8 hours ago) and it doesn't let you use /revert that's definitely an issue. I've heard of players being unable to revert ~30 min after they vote but not after 8 hours. (That's not to say I don't believe you, I've just never heard of /revert taking THAT long to update itself. . .)

Well, all that being said if a player is online and cannot revert but they've voted at some point during that day I have no problem reverting for them. Anyway. I'll talk with some of the staff about this specific problem, I can definitely see how it would be vexing for a player especially if they didn't know much about the server.

edit: I added /revert to max's list of broken vote commands. I'll archive this post now, hopefully it gets fixed at some point
SDOR3

Return to Archives