Banned by Zeenoo

Denied Ban Appeals will be moved here

Moderator: Moderator

Banned by Zeenoo

by Teslaterror » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:19 am

Banned for an hour by Zeeno for using the Smartmovement mod .

Honestly, I dont understand what the big deal is, Its not like i was flying around everywhere like zerg does, I was just parkouring, Diving and swimming. I was exploring the southern portion of the new continent using the mod and i guess the swimming thing is a little too fast than Mc's default swimming.

Qoute zeenoo "It lets you stay buoyant while you type/afk"

Honestly people in real life can float for little while before they drown, Steve just drowns by defualt which sucks. I liked the fact of this mod is that could dive like Ceylonese pearl diver and hunt squiddies

I was having fun with this mod because I can do all the things those professional athletes do like rock climbing and swim across a channel ( i actually did this from spawn to the land to the south which was really really cool!).

And zeenoo's purpose was for banning me was claiming "Hacks", (Honestly you are getting onto me about using a movement mod while you (moderators) can teleport anywhere on the map, I have to walk/swim to get there, I dont see you walking to go help a player in need. Heck if someone drowned in an ocean and he asked me to go get his stuff, I would have gladly done it using the smartmovement mod.) Hacking would be like entering the registry of the server and promoting myself to moderator so i could ban everyone or give myself powers like the ability to strike people with lightning.

The smartmovement mod doesnt make me invincible, it just makes me more athletic and the game more realistic. Oh and if u think it prevents u from falling to your death, not quite exactly because u have catch it quick enough to be able to survive, i tried lowering myself on a ledge on one the spawn city skyscrapers with rick watching, i died that time.

Also food for thought, how could I be able to use the smartmovement mod if it isnt installed onto the server? I thought you could only use certain mods with the appropiate server.

I am sorry if offended you somehow ( i honestly dont understand the big deal about this mod, its not like I am xraying or flyhacking, or flying in general)

I actually imagine this mod could inspire some Assassin's creed-esqued architecture like some of the challenge buildings (and put like treasure chests with gold pieces in them for the first one to successfully climb it)
Teslaterror

Re: Banned by Zeenoo

by Irish_Ninja » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:33 am

If it gives you an unfair advantage above other players, it is not allowed. The reason we don't want you using these things is because it's not how minecraft is supposed to work(hence, a "modification". If we wanted smart moving on the server, we would put smart moving on the server. Here, we play the game as is.

'Simple and harmless," as it may seem, it's just not allowed here. Flying is technically harmless, too. X-Raying doesn't HURT anyone. They're disallowed, not because they're harmful, but because they let you do things other people can't do. It's not fair to them.

And at your argument toward mods teleporting around; well, how about you try responding to a player breaking rules, who is 4000 blocks away? I can guarantee that by the time you get to them, they will have either logged off, or flown 5000 more blocks away, or finished griefing an entire town, and have moved on to the next. We use teleports to do our job. If we need to go somewhere for personal reasons, we're expected to go there manually like everyone else.

I'm going to say denied on this, unless Zeenoo would like to approve it. Reason being, from the content of your appeal, you give us the impression that you wouldn't have any problem with using the hacks again.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

Return to Denied Ban Appeals