ijet7 Ban Appeal

Denied Ban Appeals will be moved here

Moderator: Moderator

ijet7 Ban Appeal

by ijet7 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:42 pm

Your in-game name: ijet7
Person who banned you: SDOR3
Reason given for ban: Permanently banned: Continuing to misbehave. You CANNOT follow the chat rules on here. Appeal on forums.
Reason(s) you should be unbanned: Nobody seems to like me
i'm bullied a lot so I guess i take on those characteristics onto the server
I don't try to break the rules
i'm not use to such strict rules either
i say heck and frick or butthole and i get banned for that
I just so those words a lot
I don't swear in the chat and I won't break the rules next time
Last edited by SDOR3 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: set poster to ijet7 to better reflect the ban. original poster is neicey69, as ijet 'doesn't have access' to his account
ijet7
Resident
 
Posts:
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Re: ijet7 Ban Appeal

by maxmmm1501 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:01 am

ijet7 wrote:Your in-game name: ijet7
Person who banned you: SDOR3
Reason given for ban: Permanently banned: Continuing to misbehave. You CANNOT follow the chat rules on here. Appeal on forums.


Good job at least following the appeal format
ijet7 wrote:Reason(s) you should be unbanned: Nobody seems to like me

Theoretically that should have nothing to do with whether a person is banned or not. In a real instance however, people not liking someone will just increase their chance of being banned as it makes the server as a whole a more enjoyable place to be for the other people
ijet7 wrote:i'm bullied a lot so I guess i take on those characteristics onto the server

While I can understand this, just giving a reason for something happening does not mean that thing happening is ok
ijet7 wrote:
I don't try to break the rules

You certainly don't make a serious attempt to follow them
ijet7 wrote:i'm not use to such strict rules either

not an excuse. Can't follow the rules? Can't play on the server.
ijet7 wrote:i say heck and frick or butthole and i get banned for that

Generally those are ok, but it depends on context. In this case you WERE NOT BANNED for saying those things.
ijet7 wrote:I just so those words a lot

What? You say them a lot? use them a lot? I don't know, doesnt seem applicable to this appeal .
ijet7 wrote:I don't swear in the chat and I won't break the rules next time

Again, you were not banned for swearing in chat. I warned you just a few days ago that you were going to be permabanned if you did not change. You told me you would, and that I was wrong in predicting you would be permabanned. Look at that? You did not change. Why would this time be any different?

All you said was the same thing you say every time. "I didnt mean to." You were told to put some thought into your appeal. This appeal feels very rushed. You do not seem to have put much thought or work into this appeal. Some of your sentences are even incomprehensible. Look at this appeal. Look at the effort that was put into it. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3959 Make your appeal more like this appeal.

In addition to putting more work into writing the appeal itself, really THINK about what youve done. You dont seem to admit or know why you were banned. Really think about it. How many times has a mod warned you for spamming or something else and then you proceeded to tell the mod you wern't? Many, many times. You telling us that you're not breaking the rules is just backtalking a moderator and really hurting your reputation with them. (Hint - this is not the only reason)

Again, think about what you've done. Think about why you were banned. Think about how you can change. This is not a quick process. Unless you post a perfect, and i mean PERFECT, ban appeal, your ban will not be undone before december. If you post a GOOD ban appeal before december, you MIGHT be unbanned at some point starting at the beginning of december. Likely, you will be unbanned some time in 2019 or not at all. DO NOT RUSH your appeal. You have a MONTH to write it. Do a good job writing it.
maxmmm1501
Moderator
 
Posts:
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 8:11 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: ijet7 Ban Appeal

by SDOR3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:08 am

Your in-game name: ijet7
Person who banned you: SDOR3
Reason given for ban: Permanently banned: Continuing to misbehave. You CANNOT follow the chat rules on here. Appeal on forums.


Alright. Starting off I could just ignore or deny this ban appeal because you didn't even write down the proper reason you were banned. You were not banned explicitly for CHAT offenses. The actual reason for your ban was:

Continuing to misbehave. You CANNOT follow the rules on here. Appeal on forums.

I don't have a whole lot to say that isn't just a repeat of what maxmmm has wrote above, but I do have a few things to say.

1. You don't seem to understand why you were banned, from your appeal it appears you believe that you were banned for swearing, however this is not the case. You were banned because you refuse to follow the rules, do not treat staff with respect, and constantly try to avoid being banned. In game you are constantly walking a fine line, I'm under the impression that you know exactly what you're doing. You've also received a week ban for "Trolling, yet again". This should imply that your actions come across as trolling opposed to simply being unaware of the rules. (Which, you constantly claim whenever you're questioned however as detailed below I believe you have received more than enough warnings.)

2. From my understanding you were warned adequately by maxmmm that your next ban would be permanent. It appears you did not take us seriously, and from what I've seen you've made little to no attempt at changing your behavior. I'd also like to restate what maxmmm has said about lifting this ban. If you make a PERFECT appeal, you may be unbanned at some point in December. Maybe for Winter break. If you make a GOOD appeal you will not be unbanned until early 2019 or so. You really need some time to think about why you were banned. Put some thought into it, and do a good job writing it.

3. My biggest problem with your behavior is your constant backtalking to staff. You do not treat us with respect. Maxmmm and I went above and beyond early on to be nice to you, and to try and encourage other players to be kind to you. You responded to our kindness with toxicity and with that you make chat a very hostile and toxic place to be. People LITERALLY leave the server when you start acting up in global.

4. You need to understand 'I didn't mean to do that' is NOT a rational reason to break the rules. Likewise, neither is stating 'I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG'. You have a sense of self entitlement and it really needs to be put in check. Neither of those two statements are a rational reason for your behavior. Neither is anything remotely similar. Here's a crazy idea, if we say 'hey please don't do that' or kick you, how about just not doing the behavior that got you kicked or banned? If you would have done that we wouldn't be here now. Regarding the rules, I remember telling you MANY times in questioning when you were new that your behavior was not ok, and I remember telling you several times to change it. I warned you plenty of times when you first joined the server, you should adequately know what the rules are. It appears you chose to not listen to me, and thus here we are.

That's all I have to say. I'll edit this post if I think of anything else to add, but until then I'm denying this appeal. (other moderators may respond if they wish) but please REWRITE your appeal if you really want a chance at it being accepted.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SDOR3
Moderator
 
Posts:
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:10 pm
Location: Over thy hill, behind Nezark.

Re: ijet7 Ban Appeal

by Icefang113 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:52 am

Some of what I have to say will reiterate what other staff members have to say, but I think it's important that I weigh in my opinion too.

I'll start this off blunt, ijet. You're a toxic player. While I understand that you might be bullied by other people that's no excuse for your behavior in game. Simply monitoring your behavior the past few months has shown that you're more than eager to start drama within global and then stroke the ensuing flames. While this might be enjoyable for you it's important to remember that other people also play on this server to have fun and try to take their mind off of the troubles of their lives. Furthermore, you're never willing to own up for your own actions. For instance, you made it a point to harass different staff members with the /hire command (as seen in these screenshots: https://gyazo.com/cbca4696e6f01281e4e3dd2b517edcc4 https://i.imgur.com/gWYTyDP.png), when confronted by staff about it you simply said "No I'm not." Hell, I'd even say that this trend is continuing into this ban appeal with you claiming that you were banned for chat rules, that's not entirely the case. The underlying issue here is respecting other people on the server, not whether or not you said anything profane.

Early on certain staff members have tried being nice to you (I'm sure you know who they are) and in return you've only shown a disrespectful and entitled attitude towards them. In turn staff started coming down on you harder due to that behavior in hopes that it would get through to you to behave; it didn't. As time went on this devolved into an issue where you would ignore staff and staff would ban you over and over for the same things. While you claim that "you won't do it again" you've shown no signs of changing your behavior. Nay, you've shown no signs of trying to improve your behavior. Unfortunately, global chat is a collateral in these bouts. If you're wondering why some players on the server are alienated from you this is why, you constantly make what is supposed to be a pleasant experience bad.

My verdict on this matter is that due to the gravity of your behavior you should think long and hard about your ban appeal. You won't make it far here, or in life, if you continuously promise to change your behavior and then show no signs of changing. As is, I'm content with leaving you permabanned for the aforementioned reasons. See if you can change my mind with a better ban appeal.
Image
Image

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." -Frank Zappa
User avatar
Icefang113
Moderator
 
Posts:
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:54 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: ijet7 Ban Appeal

by emeraldcreeper10 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:41 pm

I won't go as in depth as the other mods, but I will say this: you come across as an obnoxious, immature player. I cannot recall a single in-game session where staff didn't have to question you regarding the server rules, and yet you still have never learned. You also attempt to play the victim card while being questioned in order to divert from the matter at hand, which also illuminates your incapability of recognizing what you have done wrong, which further goes to show that you are unworthy of a second chance. To me, it feels like your time on here is ultimately just to test our boundaries, while simultaneously annoying other players, who are actually capable of following the rules. Hopefully, in time, you will grow to be more mature, and then maybe we would be willing to consider even thinking of unbanning you. For now, I hope you reflect on your actions in game, and I hope that our response forces you to really consider what kind of person you want to be, because right now, you're toxic as all getout.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
emeraldcreeper10
Moderator
 
Posts:
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 5:35 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Re: ijet7 Ban Appeal

by maxmmm1501 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:47 pm

Moved to denied as it does not appear you have the intention to fix this. You will stay banned unless we accept another rewritten appeal.
maxmmm1501
Moderator
 
Posts:
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 8:11 pm
Location: Nebraska


Return to Denied Ban Appeals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron