[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - We will stop being rude to new players.

We will stop being rude to new players.

Serious discussion about major changes to Kreatious happens here!

Re: We will stop being rude to new players.

by FPSrusher » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:46 am

Yes, if you don't like taking time out of your day to fix peoples problems on the server, new players included then you should not say yes when asked if you want to be a mod.

And like I have stated, making it so people had to type /ok or whatever when someone is trying to tp to them will do more harm than good.

Also if mods get the power to stop people from being able to use the /tp command ever again then that will fix the issue with minimal effort on the mods part they will only have to do it to one or two people a month if that.
FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by snowbrdd » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:21 am

That is like going up to a cop and expecting them to have 0 off days. No rest. Every single person, no matter if they said yes, will want to relax at some point. That's being completely selfish and typing /ok doesn't cause that much harm. If they're capable of typing to ask for help, chances are they can read a prompt and respond to it.

Mod's won't get a tp restriction command because zerg doesn't like putting that much power in a single person. There's a reason that permabans take something like 10+ previous bans to ramp up to it.
snowbrdd
Donor

by FPSrusher » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Last edited by 007coolcube on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't swear
FPSrusher
Veteran Donor

by snowbrdd » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:21 am

The tp system we have here was made so that tps occur within half a second to ten seconds. Sometimes its instant. /notp doesn't solve the fact that people will still be rude. Why are you so opposed to solving a problem and keeping it from happening over dealing with it afterwards.
snowbrdd
Donor

by 007coolcube » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:52 am

Little off-topic, but uhh, can we stop the swearing, I didn't read all of it cause my eyes are like.. dead, and it's hard to read. This goes for all of you.
Fps, this is your first and final warning.. got it?
What can I say? I'm a cool cube.
007coolcube
Veteran

Location: New Zealand, where you're not gonna get hit by a nuke.

by SirDukem » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:24 pm

If you're judgement tells you to stop the situation, then do it. You were promoted to a chat mod because your morals and judgement were trusted, it is expected that you use it at your discretion. Obviously a warning, or a /q would be warranted for the individual at fault, but after they have been told to stop, it's on them.

If people feel you're abusing your power, then they can complain and it can be looked into. So, what I'm saying is use your judgement, and do what you feel is right. There are rules in place, but rules can't cover it all. It's not easy to make calls in the grey area, and that's why there's only a few people with the /ban power.

Hope this helps your conscience!

*Edited for grammar correction
SirDukem
Veteran

by GG1LL3S » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:42 pm

I belive that snow is just using this thread for a problem he had when the server had some problems.
FPSrusher told me that the server set every1's stats to 0 so every1 could tp to every1 and something happend which made snow mad and now snow wants the system to be changed just cus something happend once.

And i remember when i first joined the server i was in /mine and a random person tp'd to be and saw a lava stream comming out of a mountain and he picked it up with a bucket and placed it on me which killed me..
i was mad at that time but i got over it so snow get over the problem u had between FPSrusher and u..
GG1LL3S
Veteran Donor

by snowbrdd » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:32 pm

I know you're all buddy buddy and have some sort of resentment for me. However, that was an example, it has been a problem constantly that people teleport to new players and harass them. Obviously you don't seem to see it as you play late at night, during the day however it is a problem.

(Also mind telling me why you've constantly considered calling me out for random things? Oh it's lag, better be snowbrdd. Oh, slight issue, better blame me and have mods "check" on me. It's become a nuisance now and I'd like you to stop.)
snowbrdd
Donor

by maxmmm1501 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:49 pm

maxmmm1501

by X_Kyro_X » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:34 am

Concerning the original topic, I strongly agree about changing our attitude towards new players not just as an individual, but as a community. I feel like the friendly community we once had in the past is deteriorating into a harsh environment for new players (and in turn scares them away), which is not a good thing (obviously).

Additionally, in the matter of tp's, I do not find snowbrdd's idea to be that complicated (unless I'm misunderstanding the problem here). I'm not quite sure as to how about implementing this the best way possible so that it's newb-friendly and all, but I think it is up to the staff to discuss the matter.

Anyways, the problem I see is how to encourage people to actually be nice (besides threatening them).It'd be cool if we not just make our community be nice, but actually change their attitude completely about the way we greet and treat new guys. By no means is this easy, but it would be beneficial to our community as a whole and in the future. Maybe I'm just rambling or something, so don't mind me. :lol:
X_Kyro_X
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion