Beacon Buff Selection

Post bugs here, and hopefully they'll be fixed.
Forum rules
No duplicate bugs. If you are also affected by a bug, post in that bug's topic.

Beacon Buff Selection

by neicey69 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 am

Recently I've placed a few beacons, all with the correct setup (in a pyramid), and most of the time when I go into the selection screen the options are greyed out. It's not an issue with the location, as this has happened both at my base, and in /mine at the mushroom waypoint.

py2.JPG

py.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neicey69
Resident

Re: Beacon Buff Selection

by ShadyVale » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:23 pm

I can confirm this is happening, as I have helped neicey to get them working, and have seen others mention this issue.

The work around until it is fixed is...
once you place the beacon, leave the area far enough for the chunk to unload
(/oc, /spawn, or /pp should work fine), wait there for a minute,
then return to the beacon to set your buff.
this workaround has worked for me 99% of the time.

But if you still can't set the buff after unloading the chunk, then check F3+G to see if the beacon happens to be on a chunk border. I've noticed furnaces, item frames, and hoppers sometimes have issues when they are on a chunk border.

- Shady
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -The Doctor
ShadyVale
Veteran Donor

by maxmmm1501 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Also just spamming opening the gui until it gives you the option to change works, pretty annoying though.
maxmmm1501

by nao_sky » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:07 am

maxmmm1501 wrote:Also just spamming opening the gui until it gives you the option to change works, pretty annoying though.

This works for me. I encountered this bug recently when constructing multiple beacons for digging out a large area. Opening and closing the GUI repeatedly until you can make a selection, works though.

I assume this is a server exclusive issue? Hopefully it gets fixed!

(´・ω・ `)

nao_sky
Resident

by neicey69 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:25 pm

I think I've found a partial solution, but it could be a coincidence. I still have problems with actually getting the selection available, although if you put the ore in manually (instead of shift clicking) it seems to have a higher chance of actually starting the buff, from what I've seen.
neicey69
Resident

Return to Bugs