[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - *YOUR* Change to Kreatious

*YOUR* Change to Kreatious

Serious discussion about major changes to Kreatious happens here!

*YOUR* Change to Kreatious

by Nezark123 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:23 pm

Hello everyone!

This is a thread to inform you all that (potentially great) change is coming to Kreatious! It is in discussion as your internal voice reads this!

Something we want to make sure we keep forefront in our discussions is the community opinion. That's why we have this thread.

What I ask of you, is to answer the following questions: (Detailed as possible, please!)

What do you think would be the best change we could make to Kreatious? This can be as far reaching or as miniscule as you want.
If you were to advertise this server to a friend, how would you do it?
If you wouldn't advertise this server, why not?

If you have any current critiques or highlights of the server, I'd like to hear those too!
Thanks for all of your help and contributions!
-Nez
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

Re: *YOUR* Change to Kreatious

by comedian14 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:25 pm

FIRST

Okey but really though,

The best change we could make is to do more community based stuff like hosting more events. Whether it be doing more /hostevent 's that have some fun activates (ex. parkour challenge) and hosting more server-side events. Pumpkin Hunts and HvZ were huge events that really boosted the server. In general, more things to keep people wanting to come back and something to make them look forward to, so even if they get bored of minecraft as a game, they would still want to come on.

If i was to advertise the server to a friend I'd recommend to donate since the gap between Donor and Rsd is so big that is easier to burn out if you're a Rsd's rather then donor's who tend to stay longer. I know this was discussed in the mother post, and I'd definitely try to implement that as much as possible while still keeping the naughty donor chat conversations that make it fun.

edit** Mods should get along with other mods to make life easier

EDIT NUMERO DOS*** MORE EVE AND HER QUESTIONNAIRE

BUT IM NOT A RAPPER
Last edited by comedian14 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
comedian14
Resident

by greentlc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:46 pm

What do you think would be the best change we could make to Kreatious? This can be as far reaching or as miniscule as you want.
---One problem I have noticed lately is the seemingly very large gap between most of the players in donor chat and those who don't have the required rank to read/talk in donor chat. Since at any given time, about 50% of online players can interact with donor chat, it can make Global kind of a ghost town and build relationships strictly between the higher ranking players. If it were up to me, I would try to come up with a way to minimize the gap between donor and non-donor, since those not in donor chat can feel rather left out at certain points.

If you were to advertise this server to a friend, how would you do it?
---I would simply bring it up in a conversation and tell them about the vanilla feel with plugins that prevent hacking/griefing/etc.
Last edited by greentlc on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
greentlc
Resident

by kieranchocian » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:55 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. We've been discussing that exact problem over the past 2 days. :)

Keep it coming!
kieranchocian
Veteran

by zafiro8 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:06 pm

I enjoy this server for what it is. From reading other posts by more experienced players, the population of vanilla players seems to be a minority group. If you prefer a different style of game play, there are plenty of other servers that will suit your wants and needs. Feel free to get your fix and return home here :)

I oppose a map reset since so many have put hours and effort into very nice builds around the map. It would be sad to see a lot of the impressive and unique builds erased. It’s nice to reminisce and appreciate the builds that were done by groups and talented individuals from the past and present.

There was talk about map clean up days and maybe some cleanup/repair has been accomplished. I doubt that much has really been worked on, just discussed and in limbo about who would do that work.

Land is abundant to build on, so if one chooses to start over or make a community project, there is plenty of space to do so.

Donor chat is a good incentive for players to donate and they get a random voter command forever which is fun. People concerned about less interaction due to separation of chats can remedy that by joining global. Personally, I was not offended or even knew that other chats were going on while I played here my first year. I just enjoyed mining since my building skills weren’t and still aren’t that advanced. I was not very interactive in chat and probably don’t interact much now. That doesn’t mean that I have an “elitist” mindset. Some say that there is an “elitist” attitude because players isolate themselves in certain chats with certain people. I say they are just seeing players that are comfortable chatting with each other and feel safe talking about topics that have no place in global. It is nice to be compassionate and want to include everyone so they have a sense of belonging, but not all places are for everyone. Global rules should stay as they are. If you feel that players belong in Donor with you, tell them about it or donate for them to see if they like it. Hopefully, many more friends will be a result and those donations will help the server. Keep in mind that there are 11 channels that all players can access: /ch g, /ch l, /ch c1 - /ch c9. Separating into channels is a way to work together on specific projects or have discussions that don’t involve the entire global community.

I agree that the HvZ and pumpkin hunt events are fun. The trivia can be fun if it doesn’t break. Some find it annoying, but I think it can be entertaining occasionally. More event type things like that or having a place on the map that allows events that reset automatically… does that make it Vanilla with mini games? Making a horse race track, boat races, pig races, or a combination of events in an obstacle course that has a timer to record best times? I know that /spawn has a spleefing arena, but how does that work with anti-grief? Does admin have to be there to set the teams and reset the area? Maybe schedule weekly competitions? Set up a point system and whoever has the most points in 1 month can win a voter command or Donor chat for a month.

The Veteran rank rewards active and helpful players. I believe it should stay; however, we will not always have someone to rank up every month. Staff and the community will notice those that deserve and have earned this promotion.

Some want more players joining through advertisements. The only negative repercussion from good advertisement is that it attracts grief teams that are only out there to cause problems and crash servers. Or, players are looking for other Minecraft gameplay. Just because we are not the most popular and filled up to capacity, doesn’t mean we are dying. It simply means that our style of gameplay isn’t what most players are looking for nowadays.

Kreatious is still alive in my opinion and I don’t see it dying anytime soon. This game is like any other video game where it’s popular to a player until they find something else that interests them more. This means that players will join and take breaks from which they may or may not return from due to the evolution of their game preferences or life events. That is the nature of our game and all other games.

Having more events would be fun while getting more player interaction going. However, remember why we joined this server and let us not change what we have to be like another server that is already out there that may or may not be up and running tomorrow.
zafiro8

by emosewa6 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:56 pm

Make Citizen rank useful.

A private channel. Something like /pch emosewa6 (password). You could only start your private channel by /start pch (password). And to stop it /stop pch.
emosewa6
Resident

by masy1 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:42 pm

You could just go to a different chat channel or even pm..
masy1
Veteran Donor

by Kassu233 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Kassu233
Resident

by emeraldcreeper10 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:32 am

I've been waiting for someone to make this post for a long time.

For starters, it's about time production on a new map/spawn is put into place. Seeing as no one was involved with the Pandora spawn and frankly it's more fun when building big skyscrapers with other people, if in fact a new map is made, I'm sure many such as myself would like to take part in creating a new spawn, as a community.

Secondly, I see quite a few arenas at New Continent spawn collecting dust. To be honest, I can't remember that last time someone hosted a spleef or PvP event, let alone never using the Tower Defense Arena. I believe more community based events would benefit Kreatious as a server. Though I'm not suggesting we host another HvZ,(it'd be pretty legit tho tbh), I think more events could be hosted at the local arenas at spawn and out them to use.

Next, cleanups. I'd like to try fixing up the Old Continent as I think it's nice to preserve it. Also, in my opinion, it's the best spawn. So that's basically my take on the matter. I'm up for anything new to the server.

Lastly, I'd simply reach out to someone at school or elsewhere that had an interest in Minecraft, give them the IP, and tell em' to hop on.
emeraldcreeper10

by killbot11 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:35 am

"What do you think would be the best change we could make to Kreatious? This can be as far reaching or as miniscule as you want." I think we need to be able to set multiple homes, a maximum of 3. (Maximum of 5 for donors) This is for people who live extremely far away from their projects, or have storage facilities just as far away from their needed destinations.

If you were to advertise this server to a friend, how would you do it? I'd record and edit a video talking about how this server is different from other servers. Interact with the people, demonstrate the anti-grief and locking systems, etc.
Minimalism.
killbot11
Resident

Next

Return to Serious Discussion