Sticky (piston)

Sticky (piston)

by Minetroid » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:29 pm

if you cant see the youtube video below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXG85y7I3Rg

how can i take something so simple like this and make it better. i mean this is basic piston (or sticky piston) door but how can i make it more advanced and make it look more complex. willing to hire someone to build this for me.

i am going to work on this soon just wanted know some ideas and projects involving sticky pistons (or pistons)

my plan is to make a door that not only opens but i want to make it so when door opens it activates other pistons pushing the floor up. so kinda like an elevator but my question is how can i make it so it times it perfectly.

i am not good with redstone but willing to learn not only repeater but also comparator torches and ticks or delay

Minetroid
Resident

Re: Sticky (piston)

by teknix » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:26 pm

Just curious - who have you looked at on YT for redstoning? I get a lot of my ideas from xisumavoid, Mumbo Jumbo, EthosLab and SethBling (obviously), MisaXage, Sidney600MC...just to name a few. A lot of them have all kinds of piston doors.

BTW, timing shouldn't be too difficult on something that big. Repeaters should add enough delay for it. Comparators are more for testing levels of items in blocks with inventory and making timers.

I can play with something on my test server unless someone jumps in and can do it immediately in world.

Edit: You said "like an elevator". How far do you mean? There are ways to do elevators but they are more complex. But if you just mean one block or something, then it is easier.
teknix
Donor

Return to Archives