Metro City

Metro City

by stickguy7 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:01 am

This City will be modern, and mostly based off of larger cities. In the center of the city will the rule board, shops and trade areas, and Public subway to connect to the main subway on the official release of the map. Skyscrapers will be built so that an entire floor can be brought for a reasonable price(still working on that)and will be based off the distance the floor is from the roof. Farther from the center of the city will be the suburban area, which most players will want to aim for. Each block will be divided into even chunks so players are able to build their homes. Near the edge of the city will be small apartments that will be free for anyone to claim.

I have a concept idea for the city, but this is not finalized, and neither is the size of it. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve this design, post a reply

Current Size of city: 92 X 92 Blocks
Current Amount of Blocks: 25

Purple = Free area
Orange = Suburban Area
Blue = Skyscraper Area
Green = Center of City
The Blue, Yellow, Red, and Brown are city buildings for shops, trade booths, subway, and the ruleboard.
The small blue square in the very center of the city will be the most likely place of a waypoint in the future, but for now will be a fountain.

Post a reply about what you guys think of my idea for a city, and if you are willing to help or donate for it, that would be greatly appreciated.

**Note** If you help out, you will be payed based on how long you helped and the quality of your help
Last edited by stickguy7 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stickguy7
Veteran

Re: Metro City

by tomvanberkel » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Yess!!

I wanna help out :D
tomvanberkel

Re: Metro City

by stickguy7 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:01 am

**UPDATE**

I have recently built a base design for the apartment/skyscraper building in the city.

Here is a shot of the entire thing
and another view of the building

The lobby or ground floor consists of a checkin desk, a small library, some flowers, and a ladder that allows access to other floors.

and another view from the desk

The first living floor has 4 5x5 room apartments.
There is 1 shared balcony for the entire floor.
Currently there are 4 floors of this in the building.

Here is an image of hallways
and another of one of the rooms
Here is a picture of the shared balcony

The next design has each floor split in half
There is one shared balcony
Each apartment gets a private balcony.

Another view in the other room

The last design features apartments that take up the entire apartment floor

And last is the roof which features a minecart track, 8 miniature trees, and a small pond.(Mostly for decoration purposes)

Here is a helpful note, you can buy out multiple rooms in the apartment buildings and combine them if you want. This can also by done if the rooms are above or below each other.

More plans and features for the town:
Cactus, wheat, reed, melon, and pumpkin farm.
A subway to connect to the main line on the map.
A mall, with trading booths.
A formal town hall.
A suburban section for people who want to build there home.
A section where people can claim a small home for temporary shelter until they are able to purchase a more permanent home.

Also, just some rules about the area.

NO TNT
NO LAVA, unless you consult me about it.
NO FIRE, unless you consult me about it.
NO GRIEFING(This should be obvious by now)
And no mining unless you are making a basement for you home which at the moment there are no limits. There might be limits when the subway is being built if it is not above ground.

Once again, if you want to help build the city, please leave a reply below this post.

All donations are greatly appreciated and also result in a discount on a lot/apartment.

Official helpers so far:

tomvanberkel
stickguy7
Veteran

Return to Archives