[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Current Veterans

Current Veterans

Like the idea?

Yes
41%
No
34%
NO!!!!!
25%

Total votes : 32

Re: Current Veterans

by xxKuro » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:24 am

Even though I voted no I do not completely disagree with all of this. Cause there are some Vtn that I do believe should be demoted. However some of the reasons some people are saying to demote a Vtn i find to be quite invalid, such as inactivity. Lets use me as example.

I originally obtained Vtn because I build an impressive town in VanillaCraft and was on good terms with the Mods there and was on TS quite frequently. This impression of me was carried over from VanillaCraft to the old Kreatious. I was helping out was spawn and was no life-ing minecraft (yes you can no life minecraft) as a result I obtained Vtn, and due to my activity at the time I was promoted to mod because I was online 24/7 nonstop and only logging off for class and homework. During this period of time i joined RDA. I was RDA rise and eventually internal conflict in RDA and not having any reliable friend that I can play with on Minecraft and on top of that Mod responsibilities (its not that I don't like mod responsibilities because I completely understand I have to work for my powers, but the issue I had with it is everything else I have stacked on top of it) started to turn me away from Minecraft. Conveniently my laptop broke and made me unable to play minecraft at all. I constantly only run on only 5 FPS, so I quit gaming all together for a month or so. Then during that month i got in touch with my real life stuff and issues causing me to not think much of gaming and not really bothering to play anything. When i finally figure out how to troubleshoot my computer and make it run on minecraft I went back on Kreatious and was active for two to three weeks. Then I got demoted. I was raging mainly because Krisst promised me that I wont get demoted unless I tell him to, and also there was no reason to my demotion since I was active again. As i result I just stopped playing Minecraft and have my awesome friends at Team Pony to play other games with.

I guess all I am saying with my story is this: If a vtn is demoted due to inactivity you are suggesting that in order for someone to be a vtn he needs to me someone with no life outside Minecraft.
xxKuro
Veteran

by mattchuu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:11 am

Wow, that was awesome Kuro, and I can easily say it's good to have you in Team Pony, you're an awesome friend.

Inactivity should not be an issue, Kuro has easily persuaded me on this.
mattchuu
Veteran

by frtfrt123 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:51 am

Now im not a veteran or anything, but have beeng on this playing on this server for a significant amount of time, and ive seen alot of change happen (even tho i joined well after the events of VC). And ive seen many Vtns earn their rank PROPERLY, and some who have earnt it through krisst values. I was on active during the time where about 6-7 new Vtns were promoted, some I agreed with, and some i didnt, I'm not going to name anyone.

My IDEA. Repeat I.D.E.A, is to possible have a rank called Rsd+ or something along the lines of such. This isnt a rank which i THINK a vtn would be 'butthurt' to be 'demoted' to, this is my thoughts. This can be a rank which doesn't have the usually often abused power of tp, but will be open to help players through discussion. And usually if someone need help with a good melon farm or somethin, it can be suggested just to google/youtube it, as the amount of stuff out there is immense. So this new rank wont have the kind of 'sad feeling' of being a ex-Vtn and being another Rsd, but wont be Vtn either. This is an IDEA and i expect their to be flaws obviously (im a derp with a capital F).
I hope this will help, and personally, as a great man once said, (JK its just Mattchu) I dont care what pretty colour i have on my name, i will player minecraft the same. And i understand that maybe if your 'just a Rsd' you wont get as much response when you try to reply to their help call than if you had Mod@ or Vtn@ in your name, but i think something like Rsd+@ Pro@ OG@ (lol) will not take away ALL respect that will be given to you. Hope this helped!

once again this is an IDEA
Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Nyan Desu. Thank You. Nyan Pony :3
frtfrt123
Resident

by mattchuu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Yup, i'm not going to rage about it if it looses, like shadow said I can/will get it back. I'm just annoyed that all vtn's would be punished because some other vtns and their friends might get butthurt.
mattchuu
Veteran

by HovR » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:45 pm

HovR
Veteran

by mattchuu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:38 pm

The problem he's stated though is that those "war heroes" never fairly earned that title.
mattchuu
Veteran

by kieranchocian » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:05 am

Why are you comparing them to war heroes? Our 'veterans' are trusted player, who help the server by voting; and helping others. You earn the title, and then half of them stop helping others. Someone even admitted that they do it (they shall not be named). Anyway, they shouldn't all be demoted, but the obvious ones should. Someone mentioned Wall-E answering most of the questions; but then why do we need veterans? If they're not answering questions; then they're just trusted people that play on the server and vote. Many people are/do. Anyway; the requirements for veterancy need to change. Most of them were just in with the right crowd to earn their rank; like someone said here:
(they shall not be named(it's a different person than before btw))
Whilst we're talking about Veterans; why do they get to chat in the Donor chat, even though they're not Donors?
kieranchocian
Veteran

by HovR » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Well, I'm just going to say this: If you think there are veterans who do not deserve their rank (Not because they are inactive), then PM their names to me, including why you think they are not deserving of their rank.

From there, I will inform the other staff that people feel this way, and we will observe said individual, and make a verdict from there.
HovR
Veteran

Previous

Return to Archives