Why TNT is bad...

Why TNT is bad...

by Neko92 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:43 am

Someone get Zerg.... S.O.S. (Save Our Server)

Around early morning U.S. Time... HumblingOsprey accidentally blew up a section of the map. He was trying to demo some of his old builds and used a tad too much TNT... He says 3 stacks...

I think this caused a looped domino effect because as we all know, land permissions cause tnt explosions to revert. So effectively Eve is reverting primed_tnt over n over n over... Creating immense block lag. Even as I type this, the server is behind by over 2.5 million blocks (~3000 second lag).

Revert wouldn't work.
Restore cap makes rolling it back impossible, plus no recent snaps.
Reboot reset the lag but it adds back up quickly.

I implore non-mods to not try and go visit. There is tnt flying everywhere and there is a high chance you will die.
Pics are in order. I was at my house at first. http://imgur.com/a/R3UYM

and Bonus gif flying through the blast zone, so much lag map didn't render... https://i.imgur.com/tCPmOpD.gifv

Last I was there... Land below Humbling's was obliterated... Part of Ric's forest has craters, but his house(?) appears untouched. Nothing seems to of reached sxk's.

There is too much lag for my computer to get near the blasts to try and stop it. Again... restore cap don't help one bit.

It is now at 3 million blocks behind (~3900 second lag)
Neko92
Veteran

Re: Why TNT is bad...

by zerg960 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:11 am

fixed it'.
Kehe! Ftang nga! Aynga neto rivikx! Tse'a srak? Eo ayoeng lu txana tìkawng. Eo Eywa oe 'ia. Oel ngati kameie
zerg960
Veteran

Re: Why TNT is bad...

by Neko92 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:44 am

Yay. Thankies zergie.
Neko92
Veteran

Return to Archives