Kreatious Community Farms Project

The place for project threads.

by deathkoala72 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:52 am

In an effort to enrich the virtual lives of Kreatious's amazing community I want to start a community farm project hopefully based in /spawn and maybe a few way point's around the server. Right now we have a free food machine in spawn that needs to be constantly updated and refilled so why don't we build a series of farms in spawn for all players, new and old alike. I am mainly looking at automatic food farms in particular (see list below) that should require near to no maintenance and should never have to be restocked. It is in my opinion that a series of easily accessible community farms would make for a over all nicer experience and may even help in making our community even stronger :D .

Farm proposition list:
Automatic wheat/carrot/potato farm
Automatic Melon farm
Automatic pumpkin farm
Automatic sugarcane farm.

Help wanted

If you are interested in helping to build or only want to donate materials please comment on the thread with the following format.

IGN:
Do you want to help or donate:
Ideas for the project:

If you have any other ideas for farms we could build it would be awesome to hear them.
Also, if you own a Way point and want to volunteer it for the project just include it with your comment :D.

Spoiler:
Disclaimer:

I have not included farms such as chicken, cow or sheep farms as there can be anti grief issues concerning them.

At this point in time Kreatious Community Farms is only a concept that I believe could be a great addition to Kreatious. We still need permission from Max to build in spawn and Way Point owners to hop on board. If we ultimately fail to get permissions I will build them in my way point Pinku no ki so the project will still go forward :D .
Last edited by deathkoala72 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deathkoala72
Veteran

Re: Kreatious Community Farms Project

by maxmmm1501 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:05 am

These could probably go under the same building the free food for noobs program is in.
Not sure about lag they may cause, most likely need to keep them moderate in size
The wheat/potato/carrot farm could be finicky because it requires villagers
maxmmm1501

by ShadyVale » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:14 am

The idea is sound as a project, but to be honest I've never understood the need for these types of farms,
or even the need for the free food machine.

It's very easy to get started as a new player.
Maybe my list of priorities for starting from scratch on a server are different than others,
1st. get a few materials for a simple structure,
2nd. get seeds to get a wheat farm started for bread.
3rd. build up from there. Simple.
or maybe I'm just more patient at not needing everything this very second.

I lived on bread for quite a while til I got my first carrot from a Zombie,
then I started growing carrots along with wheat.
Same thing with potato. Got 1 from a zombie. started a potato farm.
Simple.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -The Doctor
ShadyVale

by deathkoala72 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:54 pm

I believe that this project will help our community, and I understand where you are coming from Shady, it inst all that difficult to break some grass and punch a tree, but people come to play online in servers because of the community aspect. A community farm being available may be an intensive for new players to stay on the server a little longer as they can see that the already established community cares about the newer players.

If new players are asking for things in chat or are trying to talk in global it means that they have come to kreatious for the community aspect more than just playing single player minecraft. Having acsess to already established farms means that someones start on the server is made easier, less time spent making dirt houses and scrounging for food. The idea of a community is that we help one another and this is just an easy way of doing so, yet it still means less work for most of us :lol:

I know it may not make a massive difference in the grand scheme of things but it may help 1 or 2 players stick around for the long haul. I know that it was the strong community on Kreatious that convinced me to stay.
deathkoala72
Veteran

by kenster1965 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Thinking out loud here. We have all helped new players with Iron, wood, food and so on and many of them jump on get the items and we learn later that they were just checking it out. I wonder if there is a way to help them after the first several hours of play? Right now Shade supplies them with enough food to get them going and with the ability to TP to spawn for more help I wonder how much we would be helping new players in their return to Kreatious?
Ken - Kenster1965

kenster1965

Return to Projects