[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Name change questions

Name change questions

Anything that doesn't relate to Kreatious goes here

Name change questions

by TheTwig2000 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:25 pm

Well, Minecraft now allows name changes, and I'm aware they aren't compatible with kreatious yet, but when/if they ever do become, How will this effect your account? What I'm really asking, is; Will you keep your rank, sethome, etc. or will you lose everything? Plz halp meh understand!!!

(Posted under off topic because this doesn't really go under any other thread. If it seems necessary to a mod to move it to somewhere else, then go ahead.)

TheTwig2000
Resident

Re: Name change questions

by maxmmm1501 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:47 am

zerg made it so that if you do change your name, the server sees it as you didn't. This means you DO keep everything. Eventually (1.9?) he might (not going to promise anything, Im not the one coding it and some things like permissions would get very complicated) make it so that your name can fully change. More likely, he would have it just change your display name, but keep using your old name for private signs, etc.

Again, no promises, Im not the one that can implement it, and the way most of the plugins are set up, they need usernames.
maxmmm1501

by Neko92 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:56 am

In-Short: Those type of questions are likely the reason for incompatibility.

My assumption To possibly lessen your confusion:
It would require a server side plugin to change the name visually, automatically(since doing it manually would be too time consuming). Likely this would have to be tied in with the KreatiousLock(?) plugin to change the [private] signs accordingly. I'm not sure about ranks and such since some are custom done via the Store page. Also I recall Zerg mentioning once or twice that the reason it takes donors a long time to get their ranks ingame is because they need to be on the same time he is. So he can assign the Prefix to their name... As with the Rsd rank it's automatically done once the defaults reach requirements.

Mojang's post for name changes (for those who don't know...)
https://mojang.com/2015/01/announcing-m ... e-changes/

A few of the questions they have give minimal insight on the matter.

If I ban a player “Foo” and he changes name to “Bar”, will he stay banned?
Yes. Same for whitelisted players and oped players. They also keep their inventory, pets, statistics and everything they own on a server.

How will this work with mods? What about my custom stuff on this one modded server?
Ask your mod maker/server owner. Mods should be able to support this system easily and most already do, but we aren’t responsible for mods or servers!

With this we can say that not all hope is loss for name changes. It IS possible for mods/plugins to be compatible. but for now. Keep your name as is for the time being.
Neko92
Veteran

by maxmmm1501 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:56 pm

maxmmm1501

Return to Off-Topic