[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Nerfed Hoppers - [POLL]

Nerfed Hoppers - [POLL]

Should Hopper Be Un Nerfed?

Yes, I think hoppers should be fixed.
63%
Maybe, I don't know.
25%
No, I think hoppers should stay this way.
13%

Total votes : 8

Nerfed Hoppers - [POLL]

by NorthWestTrees » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:27 am

Hello, My in-game name is NorthWestTrees, I would like to share with the community my experience when I first discoverer that the hoppers where nerfed and why I think they should be fixed.

I can't remember when I joined first but me and my friend where looking for a server to settle on and play together like most people looking to play on a server. It was going fine, all was going well, I just built my farm using hoppers going in to a chest. it was not a big for or wide at least the hoppers only need to travel 16 blocks to reach the chest witch was the with of the farm. I get it done log off for the night after harvesting it making sure its works fine.

I get on in the morning and I let the garden grow then go to harvest it and the hoppers don't work.

All my items out side what was stored in the empty hoppers despawned after 5 min because I needed to go up to my house to get a pick and a chest to store all the items of 18 farm levels that hold 64 crops each.

I did do the right thing brought it up to staff by MSG, I was insured that there was nothing wrong with the hoppers and that I Quote! "It was just me." harsh words to tell a new player that's letting staff know about a bug on the server. maybe its just me, but its not the point.

the point is without hoppers you cant transport items for lest then 5 min or they will despawn even then you cant store them in chests because without having more then one hopper collecting it will back up large over flows of items leaving many to despawn like it did in my case for my semi automatic garden.

last but not least hoppers don't travel (North, West, South, East or Up) more then one block, making transporting items out of the question to any same level location.

this means the only way you can go is down, me and my friend have tried number of things getting it to work every thing from Hopper Minecarts to unloading the chunk by logging off and then joining again we have tested diforent items and also in single player and the result is the same that hoppers don't work on this sever because they where nerfed by the server.

Please vote to get this problem fixed, if the over all community stands up and says it should be fixed they will be forced to fix the problem.

Thank you for your time for reading,
if you have an experience you would like to share regarding hoppers do so below.

NorthWestTrees.
NorthWestTrees
Resident

Re: Nerfed Hoppers - [POLL]

by V3N0M_123 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:02 am

Easy solution for this. Collect your farms produces yourself! :D
V3N0M_123
Resident

by ShadyVale » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Hoppers indeed won't move items up, that's the way mojang made them.
You'd need to make an item elevator for that.
But hoppers will move items to the next connected hopper, and so on, all the way into a container
(chest, furnace, etc), if they are facing the correct way.

Now there is a glitch that sometimes causes hopper(s) to stick, not moving the items forward.
What has fixed this problem for me is after you have the hoppers correctly placed, have everyone leave
the area (go chill at spawn or where ever) for a minute or 2 to let the chunk unload.
When the chunk reloads, the hoppers should be working.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -The Doctor
ShadyVale

by kenster1965 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:44 pm

Also one more thing. after you place each hopper, you need to click in to it's inventory, then place the next one and click in to it's inventory. If you do not then the items may or may not move through the hopper chain, but be going to the inventory right after you place it will ensure that the items do move through it.
Ken - Kenster1965

kenster1965

by NorthWestTrees » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:41 pm

NorthWestTrees
Resident

by maxmmm1501 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:43 am

Hoppers are not nerfed on kreatious, but there is a bug that sometimes causes them not to work correctly.
maxmmm1501

by MotoChaos » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:04 am

I vote to give NorthWestTrees a cookie. Cookies make everything better :D
MotoChaos
Donor

Dude it's simple 2 WORDS

by Portal_2_GLaDOS » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:12 am

Dropper elevator..
"You are little killing machines aren't you.. Yes."
Portal_2_GLaDOS
Resident