Hello . . . I guess.

New here? Say hello to the community!

Hello . . . I guess.

by Icefang113 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Hello . . . my name is Icefang113 but I go by Icefang. I recently joined Kreatious so I'm kind of new to the community . . .

Okay, maybe I should cut the crap. Sure, I joined recently if you count January of 2012 as recent. The time when I did join was right after the Kreatious split, I'm thankful I missed that. The first few months I played I was relatively quiet player, I spoke up when I needed a mod or when I had a word or two to add to a conversation. I'd like to think I started out small, I built by first house by the railway junction outside of Saevios with the help of my friend who introduced me to this server, Morpher. As time went on Morpher and I would mess around with each others houses by either filling them with chickens and snow golems or even planting trees on top of each others houses. Hell, to this day we still mess with each others stuff (you're welcome for the mycelium landscaping, Morpher).

As time progressed I eventually became more involved with the community. On a trip to Morpher's I ran into the city of Metro, there I was offered a lot by the city's owner, Stickguy; even though I refused his offer this was one of my first memorable encounters on Kreatious. Soon I was persuaded by Morpher to install Teamspeak so I could talk to other players there. At first I would only get on when he was on it, however, out of boredom I started getting on Teamspeak more frequently . . . even though I would only listen to other players.

A major turning point for me was when I met Morpher's friend Leftypitcher. He dragged me into the creation of the city Reach, because of this I started talking to other members of the Kreatious community, both in Teamspeak and in game. After a while Lefty and I would have arguments about Reach and this led to a few issues, however I'm going to bury the hatchet on this one (Lefty, if you're reading this I hope that the two of us can put our incidents in the past and move on to achieve greater things).

Eventually as summer approached I was in for a surprise. As I got onto Teamspeak I was greeted by Pyrus saying "Congrats on getting into the veteran votes, Icefang". At first I was slightly skeptical, so I got onto the forums and discovered Pyrus wasn't lying; I was in the June veteran votes. I diligently watched the polls for a week to see who would win, after an incident with the polls being reset I shot to the lead and received veteran a week later. A month passed by and in early July I was promoted to chat mod along with Kieran. Finally, a month later, I was promoted to full mod . . . and kind of forgot about my dad's birthday because of it. >.<

After a week of modding I finally got a firm grip on many of the commands and eventually I felt comfortable with moderating overall. Time continued as normal, issues would always pop up and new mods would be promoted. I tried to contribute what I could to these issues and would make it a point to train these mods (you know who you are, thanks for bearing with me trying to help you understand the commands, especially with Zerg blowing things up and singing in the background).

Even with the drama I've put up with, real life and in game, I'm still here. I know I might have not made some of the best decisions, but I know I did what I thought was best at the time. I also realize I've probably made a few enemies along the way, especially with some of my methods. However I've made a few friends along the way, I'd like to make a shout out to a few of them.

Morpher - You're a good friend, man. You've been with me this entire journey. Hell, you're the one who set me on this journey, you don't know how much I appreciate that. All I can say is I hope you stay for a while longer.

Lefty - I know we have a rough past, but if we look forward I think many great things can be accomplished. Though I have been annoyed with you at times, you're still a pretty good guy.

Cube - You scare me sometimes man, and I mean it. Besides the links that you send me that I wish I could forget you're a fun little Kiwi. Also, don't let the Maori gangs get you.

Neko - You've always had my respect as a mod. You treat everyone fairly and have stuck with us this long, especially with all the crap we throw at you. Always enjoy talking to you man, you better stay around too. >=)

Nezark - Always fun messing with you. Hell, I started #BlameNezark, I hope you enjoy that trend.

Sdor - I know I didn't start talking to you until you were mod, that was a mistake on my part. Either way you're a great guy and I always imagine you sitting with a plate of mashed potatoes with a big grin and giggling.

Wark - I always enjoy your stories, man. You better have more to share.

Pyrus - I always think of either you or Sonic when I hear the theme for Greenhill Zone. You're a nice guy with good ideas, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Sonic - You were always fun to mess around with, hope I don't make you choke on another skittle.

Vini - You're a cool guy with cool builds, keep it up man.

Kyro - Always good talking to you, you're one of the most helpful and imaginative people on the server, we're lucky to have you.

Irish - You're a cool person, always fun talking about Legend of Zelda and movies I've never watched with you. Good luck with training.

Cruiser - Always remember, Morpher did it. Seriously though, it's been a while.

Romedy - That one person that can read me like a book. Kudos sir, kudos.

Hannah - That one dinogirl who is afraid of my mod bone, wonder why.

Timmy - I know you have a lot on your mind right now, but I want to let you know you're a good guy. You're helpful and you have a lot of good insight, I appreciate that.

Kieran - It was good ranking up with you man, also I beat you to mod! I win! Seriously though, keep it cool my Brit.

Zerg - Probably told this a lot, but you have a good server, I'm honored to be allowed to help out with it in what ways I can.

Sxk - Though I have a hard time understanding you at times, it's always good talking to you and figuring out what's going on with the server . . . and who your mom insulted this week.

VVX - I barely know you, but you seem like a good guy. Hopefully I'll get to know you better in the future.

Toned - I know where you sleep! Don't push me! Always good keeping in touch with you, need to tone down on a few things, otherwise you're a good guy.

OWCA - You still make me feel new on the community. You remind me of the old man who shouts at children from his porch while sitting in a rocking chair with a glass of tea on a small table, a shotgun in hand, and an old dog at his feet. Not that it's a bad thing. Also thanks for not banning me when I was working on Dwarfy's stuff. =)

Dwarfey - You were one of the first people I met on this server. I remember hiding in your house trying not to get caught in fear of getting chased out, however when you found me you were welcoming. Thanks for showing me how the community can be welcoming. And remember, you're a nice guy I won't forget soon.

Comedian - That one guy with the misleading name, he at least got me to laugh with his twitter.

If I missed anyone I either forgot or just got lazy, you probably know who you are though.

I hope to continue playing on Kreatious. I've made some decent progress with Frost clan and Frost city (first new continent waypoint! Wooo!!) and I plan on working on future projects, hopefully some I will finish. Well, just thought I'd make this post since I've been here almost two years.

-Icefang (or whatever Zerg named me this week).

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." -Frank Zappa
Icefang113

Re: Hello . . . I guess.

by pyrusbrawler30 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:55 pm

just a biiiit late. however it must happen sooner or later! For the record, I wasn't kidding about the votes, as you found out... ;)
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by TheOWCA » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:25 pm

GET OFF MY LAWN!
*Spits into tin bucket 5 yards away*
TheOWCA

Location: with all the CAL-I-FOR-NIA girls, they're all so wonderfuul!

by TimmyTopHat » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:42 am

<insert warm fuzzies>
TimmyTopHat

by stormbringer1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:15 am

Welcome again, Fang!

stormbringer1
Resident

by X_Kyro_X » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:49 pm

If I didn't know any better this post would've looked like a good-bye post lol.
X_Kyro_X
Veteran

by malandrix_bunny » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:01 pm

Hey you nubsicle. Welcome to the server. Please don't cause a disturbance in the balance of the entire blocky universe known as the minecrafts
malandrix_bunny
Resident

by TonedTyphoon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:13 am

........WHAT!!!!???? You forgot to mention that I'm your bestfriend in REAL LIFE!!!! Also, thank you. You are the best friend who showed me this server, plus Minecraft in general and I respect and thank you for that matter. Also, (Thanks To IceFang113) this is the first Minecraft server I've been on. Hope you have fun (not to much though, or your pants will fall down). -Sincerely, Your BFFIRL, TonedTyphoon
TonedTyphoon

Return to Introductions